Travel The World

Travel The World

My Most Favourite Quote of All Times

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" - St. Agustine



Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Travel In Life - The End Of 2011

Sad...Happy...Sad...Happy...Sad...Happy...
Again and again...

The year of 2011 has come to the end. To be honest every time when the year is about to end, I feel a little sad. People might be happy celebrating the next coming New Year, but for me I felt a tremendous lost.

I lost another 365 days without I even realised it. I will keep on asking myself, WHAT HAVE I DONE IN THIS WHOLE YEAR? WHAT HAVE I ACHIEVED IN THESE 365 DAYS? DID I GOT MORE MATURED IN THIS TIME AROUND? THE MOST IMPORTANT, CAN I BE PROUD OF MYSELF?


As my life track records proved that I had always been a high achiever, I don’t wait for something to happen to me. I will make it happen. I got dreams, I will run to the moon to catch it. In my university, I became top scorer every semester, I won best student of the year, I became an architect earlier than I predicted, I became slimmer from 96kg faster than I expected etc. I will definitely feel sad if a year goes by without anything to be proud of. I don’t want a honeymoon year. As much as I hate stress, but I also would not want an empty life without a hard work.

There was once I dreamt that I want my whole year to be filled with only joyous and fun. I wanted when I looked back to remember, I only remember happiness. But then as I got matured, I began to value life more than before. I began to understand that it is ok to feel the sadness. Joy gave me satisfaction, but it was the sorrow that makes me wiser.

My mother once said, "If you look back throughout your year, if you can feel really sad at one point and not just remember happiness, then you had a good year..."

I cried every time when I remember my mom’s wisdom words. The sorrow I felt, it wasn’t for nothing, it made me become a better man than I was before. She was right. Thanks Mak.

-Alvy-

2 comments:

  1. Beb..btol apa mak ko ckp tu...rasa penuh makna tahun ni...mcm2 suka duka dah aku tempuh...semua yg terjadi akan jadi pengalaman & jadikan aku lebih matured...

    P/s: nama kat heading ko tu sama la mcm yg ko beli utk rantai ko tu...

    ReplyDelete